Archive for December, 2011

Brake reset mocked up

Posted: December 26, 2011 in 1975 Yamaha RD350

The brake side rearset has been mocked up!  Grabbed another brake lever and just cut it down, then made some tabs to mount the linkage, did some adjustments, and it works like a charm!  It does still need to be cleaned up a lot.  Some excess cut off and a lot of grinding to smooth it out, but it this will definitely do the job!

Advertisements

More breakdown of BSA

Posted: December 18, 2011 in 1971 BSA Lightning 650

The BSA continues to be broken down.  The oil pump has been removed for some work, the side covers are off again, and the bike is started to look like it did when we got it!  Once some parts come in, it all gets slapped back together and will be ready to scream down the streets again!

Bike rebuild begun

Posted: December 10, 2011 in 1971 BSA Lightning 650

The BSA is being torn back down for a bunch of changes.  Plans include: electronic ignition, battery eliminator, rear fender delete, new seat, and more!

Left rearset mounted!

Posted: December 10, 2011 in 1975 Yamaha RD350

The left side rear set has been mounted today!  Both sides will be mounted and tested, and then they will both come back off for cleanup and paint!  The pipe had to be dented a little in some places for clearance reasons, and it has been spaced out from the frame with 1in spacers.  It shifts the bike just as it should!

Rearsets

Posted: December 8, 2011 in 1975 Yamaha RD350

Stopped by the local bike salvage shop and was able to pick up a set of rearset controls for a very good price.  I believe they came off of an 80s Yamaha FZR.  The bolt pattern is exactly the same as the passenger pegs, and with a little spacing and modification they will be a perfect fit!

GS550L first ride

Posted: December 3, 2011 in 1979 Suzuki GS550L

Now that the bike runs, we took it out for a first test ride.  The motor ran strong!  Just some final tweaking left.

SHE LIVES!

Posted: December 2, 2011 in 1979 Suzuki GS550L

What a bad case of previous owner syndrome!  There were some springs that were in the wrong position on all four carbs, which caused the needle to now open enough to allow the necessary fuel in.  Made the required adjustments and the bike revs like a charm!