Archive for November, 2013

Had to make a new taillight/turnsignal bracket for clearance reasons, and also move the mounting position of the turn signals.  Pics below:

New taillight and lp bracket 1 New taillight and lp bracket 3 New turn signal mounting 1 New turn signal mounting 2

Advertisements

Chainguard and Sound Check

Posted: November 23, 2013 in 1975 Yamaha RD350

Thre the FZ600 chainguard on, with a litte cutting to get it around the RD frame…and also made a video of what the bike sounds like with the Bassani’s on it!

CHainguard

Some new projects!

Posted: November 10, 2013 in 1974 Kawasaki Z1A

Picked up some old Kawasaki Z1s for a good price!  They are both mostly complete, but definitely need some work.  Plan to get both ultimately running.  The one that was running was slightly bobbed out, and the second is mostly original.  Got some pics below!

As purchased 2 As Purchased 3 As purchased 4 As purchased 5 As purchased 6 As purchsed 1 Engine parts NOS side covers Second lower end With tins 1 With tins 2 With tins 3

A little more progress

Posted: November 10, 2013 in 1975 Yamaha RD350

Got the rear reservoir mounted today.  It is tucked way close to the frame on purpose.  I decided to use a pin to keep it there, and when it needs to be topped off or bled, the pin comes out, you slide the reservoir over, and you fill it up!  I think that works out quite nicely.  Also had to re-relocate the rectifier to being the right side cover.  Then got a lot of the handle bar controls mounted, including the front master cylinder.

Fton master cylinder mounter Rear resouvior mounted 2 Rear resovoir mounted 1 Rec relocated again

I picked up a front fender from a salvage yard that is close to my house.  It came off a bike that had some tacky LEDs on it apparently, since there were still some mounted to the bottom of the fender (which I promptly removed!).  I also got my upped jets which I threw in the carbs, so I could then also put in my new K&N Y-boot filter.  Once those were in, the rear master cylinder was mounted up to the frame.  The welds need to be cleaned up, but it operates very smooth.  Then to top off the day I started recutting my inner rear fender so it would fit around the monoshock.  Pics below!

Front Fender 2 Front Fender 1 Lights that were under front fender New K&N Y-Boot Filter Rear Master Cylinder Mounted Inner Rear fenders

Exhaust Mounted

Posted: November 4, 2013 in 1975 Yamaha RD350

Got the exhaust mounted, and had to make a new bracket to move the rectifier to a new spot.  Pics below!

Making bracket 2 Making bracket 1 Grinding down bracket Exhaust on 1 Exhaust on 2 Exhaust on 3

Mock up so far

Posted: November 2, 2013 in 1975 Yamaha RD350

Got the measurement of the offset Ill need for the front sprocket, got trail pretty much all set, and did a mock up of the bike so far to check for any clearance issues.  Everything seems like its fitting together well, and only one electrical component needed to be relocated which wasn’t a big deal.
Still got a bit of work to do, as it isn’t wired, exhaust isn’t mounted, among other things that I need to get done.  Pics below!

Partial Buildup Front Partial Buildup left Partial Buildup Rear Partial buildup right Partial with headlight right Partial with headlight left Partial with Headlight front Me on bike Nov 2 2013